Documentation: PDF Manuals
Econometric Software, Inc. Is GreenIn our effort to be environmentally conscious, we have discontinued printing paper manuals for our new versions. The LIMDEP and NLOGIT manuals will be distributed exclusively as electronic PDF files. Ebooks are increasingly popular and our new manuals offer many benefits and advantages:
- Portable and convenient: You can carry a full set of manuals without worrying about space or weight, and you can read the manuals anywhere.
- More economical: Whether you download the manuals or receive them on disc, transportation costs are significantly reduced or eliminated.
- Quicker to obtain: With a download option, the manuals are available much faster than waiting for delivery of printed manuals.
- Customizable: You can personalize your manual by changing the font size and viewing format.
- Easily updateable: The manuals may be updated more easily.
- Hyper-links: Manual links offer easy access to additional information and related websites.
- Searchable: You can easily search for any information directly in the manuals rather than through an index.
- Printable: If you wish to read a section of the manuals in the traditional way, you can print it and have the benefit of a paper-based book.
- Eco-friendly: They use very few natural resources. No paper is used in the production of our manuals so they save trees and reduce pollution. They help reduce landfill by eliminating waste from outdated manuals. They save transportation costs and the pollution associated with shipping books.
LIMDEP 11 Documentation
The LIMDEP 11 documentation with over 2,500 pages, contains full reference guides for the program, background econometrics, and sample applications. The LIMDEP documentation consists of two guides:
LIMDEP 11 Reference Guide
The LIMDEP 11 Reference Guide provides all instructions for operating the program, including installation, invocation, and most of the basic setup operations that precede model estimation. These operations include reading and transforming data and setting the sample. This manual also describes the optimization procedures, how to use the matrix algebra package and scalar scientific calculator as stand alone tools and as part of LIMDEP programs, what types of results are produced by the program, and some of the common features of the model estimation programs, such as how to do post estimation analysis of model results, including partial effects and simulation. The LIMDEP Reference Guide also includes a complete listing of the program diagnostics.
LIMDEP 11 Econometric Modeling Guide
The LIMDEP 11 Econometric Modeling Guide provides the econometric background, LIMDEP commands, and examples with data, commands and results. Topics are arranged by modeling framework, not by program command. There are chapters on
- Descriptive statistics
- Linear regression
- Panel data analysis
- Binary choice models
- Models for count data
- Censored and truncated data
- Survival models
- Nonlinear regression
- Time series models
- Nonlinear optimization
- Sample selection models
and many others. Each model fit by the program is fully documented. The full set of formulas for all computations are shown with complete mathematical documentation of the models. Additional chapters in this guide show how to do numerical analysis and how to program your own estimators.
NLOGIT 6 Documentation
NLOGIT 6 includes all of LIMDEP 11. The complete NLOGIT 6 documentation, with over 3,000 pages, consists of the two LIMDEP 11 Guides plus a separate NLOGIT 6 Reference Guide.
NLOGIT 6 Reference Guide
With over 600 pages, the NLOGIT 6 Reference Guide includes complete instructions for specifying and estimating discrete choice models with NLOGIT. To provide a total picture of the use of NLOGIT in analyzing discrete choice data, the NLOGIT Reference Guide incorporates documentation of the foundational discrete choice models described in detail in the LIMDEP Econometric Modeling Guide, including binary choice and ordered choice models. Second, we have included extensive explanatory text and dozens of examples, with applications, for every technique and model presented.